Friday, August 11, 2017

A new school year is almost here...

Hello Everyone!
        Let me introduce myself to those of you that are new to the middle school...I am Mrs. Doro, the art teacher at Bartels.  I teach all 6th, 7th, and 8th grade art classes, about 150 students a day (whew!).  This will be my second year in this position, prior to teaching art I was a substitute teacher and special education paraprofessional.  I have a degree in Fine Arts from the University of Wisconsin- Stevens Point (go Pointers!).
        I have been working diligently since the middle of June painting, organizing, and cleaning my classroom.  I feel like a child on Christmas morning - waiting to show all my students the new room.  Along with a snazzy new room, I have revamped and created new and exciting lesson plans.  It will be a FANTASTIC year in art class for your student.
        Some of these projects require materials that cannot be purchased in stores or online.  If you would have any of the following items laying around your home I would gladly take them from you...

  • wire coat hangers
  • thicker (canvas or denim) aprons
  • old CDs
  • empty manilla file folders
  • nylon knee high stockings (no holes or runs)
      Open house at Bartels will be August 30th from 4:00 to 5:00.  PLEASE feel free to stop in the art room to say "hello" and look around.  Art is located in the small tan building behind the main building.  Hope to see you on the 30th!

Your Enthusiastic Art Teacher,
Mrs. Doro

       

1 comment:

  1. Love this! I can't wait--oh I mean Elizabeth can't wait-- for art class to begin:) You are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete